Who doesn’t love a classic beanie?! They are only the entire reason I taught myself how to knit! And, with gorgeous beaded cables and my signature, and extraordinary beaded decreases?! This simple, yet elegant, beanie is knitted in the round on, first, size US4 16-inch circular needles, and, then, size US5 16-inch circular needles for the finishes of all finishes. The size 8 glass beads (optional) are pre-stranded and knitted into the stitches. There is a “fitted” and a “slouchy” version, and instructions for other sizes. The gauge is 6 stitches per inch.
• One skein of Yarnitoli sport yarn (328 yds/100g)
• Size US5 16-inch circular needles
• Size US6 16-inch circular needles
• Size US6 DPN’s for bind off (magic loop is also fine)
• Cable needle
• Darning needle
• Up to 192 (slouchy) or 180 (fitted) size 8 glass beads (size 6 beads will also work)
Materials provided in kit:
- the Mama Mia hat pattern
- One skein of Yarnitoli sport yarn (100% SW merino & 328 yds/100g)
- the beads
For video tutorials, please join my Yarnitoli on on Facebook (I have multiple groups. It’s the one with a cover photo of me in a silly red hat with a chartreuse background!) there are hundreds of videos in there! I’m just about every stitch pattern and technique used in my patterns. You can (and I would be forever grateful) also follow my business pages: Jen Giuntoli Designs & Yarnitoli.